Tuesday 13 March 2012

Making time = Making sense

Last night I spoke to one of my best friends who I haven't spoken to since Christmas. Not because of a falling out or because one of us had been on exotic adventures round the world. Our very lame excuse was that we've both been 'too busy'. During the phone call she was telling me how if anyone threw anything at her at work she'd deal with it and make it a priority but when it came to personal matters, even medical ones, they'd be put on the back burner until she had the time to deal with them.

Admittedly, I do the same. I fill in forms every day at work, I tot up expenses, I dot the i's and cross the t's, I chastise cameramen for not giving me the right name for air tickets etc but when it comes to me, I haven't even changed my name on my driver's licence yet and I've been married for nearly a year. There are medical insurance forms sat on the coffee table, a doctor's appointment I need to make, my CV to update, not to mention my friends who I don't talk to as much as I would like to. And look at this blog that I was so enthusiastic about setting up... #blogspotfail

I have no-one to blame but me and some strange in-built thought process that I'm not important enough to take priority. I will definitely try to make room in my life for me, even if it's only 15 minutes a week. And I'll start with that driver's licence (and more blogging!).

No comments:

Post a Comment