Friday 23 March 2012

Holly Golightly

I had a dinner date with Holly on Wednesday night, a regular monthly thing since we got back in touch late last year. We went to the Old Bookshop on North Street and it's a great little venue. A mish mash of rickety wooden tables, benches and chairs with bunting strewn across the ceiling. The whole place is stuffed with old style typewriters, rusting brass instruments and weird stuffed birds of prey but there's a really good vibe and a cracking tapas menu boasting local(ish) eats such as Brixton sardines, Exmouth mussels etc and I really like it in there.

But the company is what really makes it - as long as I've known her, Holly is the most upbeat, enthusiastic, positive and happy person and I really enjoy any time I spend with her. She doesn't complain, doesn't bitch and it's so refreshing. I'm so glad we're back in touch - if only to hear her boast about how loud she claps and how high she jumps.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment