Thursday 22 March 2012

Hubble, Bubble, with not much Toil or Trouble...

I've become rather obsessed with my sourdough starter - I dumped the first one on Monday afternoon after it started leaching liquid with no bubbles to be seen and started again. Yesterday morning I was met with a rather large mass of bubbly stuff, having doubled overnight. I sought reassurance from my lovely chef friend, Amelia who said that it was fine and she had one that punched its way out of a glass jar once...

On returning home after a lovely dinner with Holly (more on that later), the starter was madly frothing like a rabid dog. Cue much cackling and rubbing of hands from me - I very much felt like Dr Frankenstein bringing his monster to life. I only hope that we end up with a more joyful tale and that the starter doesn't come to take revenge at some point...

No comments:

Post a Comment